1. Remove the pkg. of giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie the ends of the drumsticks together.
2. Place the turkey, breast-side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush the turkey with the oil. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone.
3. Stir the stock, lemon juice, basil, thyme and black pepper in a large bowl. Reserve 1-3/4 c. stock mixture for the gravy. Pour the remaining stock mixture over the turkey.
4. Roast at 325°F. for 3 hr. or until the thermometer reads 165°F., basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Begin checking for doneness after 2-1/2 hr. of the roasting time.
5. Remove the turkey from the pan, cover and keep warm. Spoon off any fat and pour off all but 1-1/2 c. pan drippings.
6. Stir the reserved stock mixture and the flour in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth. Add the flour mixture to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Serve the gravy with the turkey.
* Cost per recipe: $23.73
Entries Valid from 12/06/23 to 12/14/23. Winners will be picked on 12/15/23. 20 winners will be awarded a gift certificate with a retail value of $250.00 to be used at any America’s Food Basket or Ideal Food Basket location. Eligibility requirements; Must be 21 years of age or older and a permanent resident of NY, PA, RI, CT, MA, FL or GA. Odds of winning estimated at 20 out of 1,500.
By entering, you will be subscribed to our e-newsletter featuring deals, recipes, and more!